Spirit Massage & Bodywork LLC – Alexandria, VA
We are seeking a well-qualified applicant for a part time massage therapist position who wants to gain more experience from massage therapists with over 15 years’ experience and serving veteran clientele.
Massage Therapist administers professional massage and body treatments to our guests. You must have a thorough knowledge of numerous massage modalities, possessing a general understanding of body treatments and train in our spa’s specific massage and body treatment offerings. You must possess excellent communication skills and be able to learn the product and service knowledge necessary to effectively provide wellness solutions to meet the needs of our guests.
- Provide consistent professional massage and body treatments in accordance with spa protocols and accepted certification practices.
- Effectively inform and educate our guests about specific wellness concerns.
- Properly care for equipment and use proper amounts of product to assist with cost controls.
- Uphold the standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law and the spa’s policies and procedures.
- Communicate to management any and all occurrences involving staff or guests in the spa that require attention. • Handle guests’ questions and concerns professionally and courteously.
- Maintain a positive attitude and contribute toward a quality work environment.
- Applicant must be able to work responsibly without supervision.
- Applicant must be licensed in the state of VA to practice massage therapy, have their own liability insurance, state or national certification• Current driver’s license & CPR/AED certification required
- Graduate from an accredited national or international institution.
- We are willing to accept an intern with less than 2 years’ experience; however, there will be a 90 day probationary period.
- Must provide resume and be available for practice massage interview.
It is not essential to be a highly experienced therapist. It is essential that you have the attitude that you want to learn and are committed to improving your skills and that you demonstrate that commitment.
Compensation percentage is based on years of experience.
How to Apply
All applicants must go to website and complete the online application under “Join Our Team” on spiritmassage.com
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $25.00 to $32.00 /hour